March 19, 2013

The Alleys of Taipei

The main streets of Taipei are busy and filled with traffic. I take the main roads here and there but more often than not Nils and I choose to meander through the alleys and side streets to get where we're going.

Walking though these alleys are all the entertainment you need. There are potted plants and flowers everywhere and it's one of the things I love most about Taipei (and the focus of this post). There are little shops and restaurants, vendors washing dishes and preparing food right there in the street, women serving noodles and dumplings, and people weaving through all the chaos on a scooter going 40mph. You could easily be hit if you aren't careful.

I got hit by a car when I was eleven, so I'm hoping I sorta checked that off the list already. Not sure if life works that way though. I still laugh when I picture my ten year old self getting hit by a car that day on my bicycle. The poor guy who hit me had graduated from college that same day and was still wearing his cap and gown! Can you imagine? I'm sure it ruined his day more than mine. I remember being really embarrassed. The funny part is that prior to being hit I had spent what seemed like two hours on my hair. I literally spent two hours doing my hair, went outside and got hit by a car, then went back inside and cried while I stared at my destroyed hairdo. Lol. Dios mio.

I digress. Let's look at pictures.

I think this might be one of my favorite pictures. No reason why the sink shouldn't be decorated!


 Pretty huh? I could have shared a hundred more just like them.

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are fantastic. There are so much to see in each photo. Are you getting inspiration for card designs?

    ReplyDelete